Welcome to the North Dakota SHRM State Council
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We also encourage your involvement and suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting or event!
We are excited to annouce that ND SHRM has received the EXCEL Bronze Award for 2013!
The award is part of the SHRM Affiliate Program for Excellence, which aligns individual states with SHRM. The award recognizes a state’s accomplishments and strategic activities and initiatives that promote the human resources profession at the local level.
“This recognition is a distinct indication of the state council’s successful partnership with SHRM to serve the networking and professional development needs of human resource professionals and to the advancement of the human resources profession” said J. Robert Carr, senior vice president, membership, marketing & external affairs for SHRM.
NDSHRM is awarded Membership Superstar status for 2013!
Although our economy continues to be challenging, the SHRM chapters in our state were able to overcome these challenges and positively advance SHRM membership in 2013. Many states experienced declining membership during the year, so our state’s ability to maintain or realize growth in membership is outstanding!
Upcoming EventsSee All >
September 10, 2014Conference Call
October 7, 2014Best Western Ramkota Hotel, Bismarck, ND - being held the eve of the ND State HR Conference
October 8-9, 2014Best Western Ramkota Hotel Bismarck, ND
September 16-18, 2015Holiday Inn Fargo, ND
The North Dakota SHRM State Council coordinates SHRM chapter efforts and provides leadership, professional development, and supports ideas to facilitate the role of chapter volunteer leaders to advance the profession and serve the professional in the State of North Dakota.
Role of the State Council
- Provide a forum for chapters to discuss common issues, problems, concerns, and to share ideas and successes;
- Facilitate information from chapters and the State Council to the Area and National Boards and from the Area and National boards to the State Council and Chapters;
- Represent SHRM by visiting Chapters and promoting and sharing with individual members the services and benefits offered by SHRM;
- Assess needs of members and Chapters and meet those needs by securing and/or providing information;
- Adopt programs that will promote the progress, visibility, and welfare of SHRM and its members in the human resources profession; and
- Coordinate state and national legislative initiatives.
- At-large Membership
- Secure Member-At-Large Listing and Visit with some At Large SHRM Members
- Provide At-Large Members Newsletter and Information
- Develop and approve an at-large member strategy
- Continue to Develop a Mentoring Program with Current Directors and Potential State Council Members – all current directors should be recruiting mentors.
- Develop a plan to become more involved in statewide organizations
- Increase certified professionals in the state by 5%
- Develop college relationships and research the desire to participate in the college games
- Encourage statewide HR association members to communicate with Legislator or Regulatory body.
- Increase awareness of HR Voice
- Maintain SHRM Foundation commitment of $350
- State Council Member make additional visits to chapter meeting other than during State Council Meeting dates. Any State Council member make at least 1 additional visit (other than meeting locations) to non-local chapters and schedule with the State Director
- Work on a plan for a State Leadership Conference, whether as a separate conference or as part of the state conference.